Lemos Farms, located in Half Moon Bay, has been a favorite Bay Area attraction since the 1940s. It’s a wonderful family-owned farm offering a variety of fun activities for all ages.
You’ll most likely catch a glimpse of this picturesque farm while driving into Half Moon Bay if you’re coming from the East Bay.
I got to Lemos several times per year. It’s especially nice around Halloween when they have a big pumpkin patch, but really any weekend, Lemos makes a fantastic day trip from SF or the East Bay.
Here are some of the highlights at this iconic Half Moon Bay farm. But first, check out a video that I made showing my recent visit to the farm:
Fun Activities for the Whole Family
Lemos Farms is a wholesome, family-oriented destination, and offers an array of activities to entertain everyone.
- Pet a goat and visit the pen filled with baby goats. You can buy feed for them, or just brush their hair.
- Visit the well-known haunted house, perfect for a thrilling experience. It’s low key but something your kids will definitely remember.
- Ride the pretend train through a Wild West town built on site, complete with captivating dioramas. The town has lots of funny cutout characters and references that will make adults laugh.
- Explore numerous rides and attractions designed specifically for children, including a barn slide and pony rides.
Dine at the Delis
No need to worry about packing a lunch for your family! Lemos Farms offers two different on-site concession stands, serving basic sandwiches and kid-friendly options like hot dogs. Enjoy your meal in the picturesque outdoor seating area within the farm.
You can also head to some of my favorite Half Moon Bay restaurants, most of which are around 15 minutes from Lemos.
So Much More to Do
The fun doesn’t end there! Lemos Farms offers even more attractions to delight your family.
- Play in the car barn and ride go-karts. They’re battery-powered and very slow–perfect for little kids!
- Enjoy some adrenaline-pumping fun on the giant inflatable barn slide. It’s two stories tall and something your bigger kids will definitely love
For a truly unique experience, you can even try goat yoga, where a goat stands on your back during your yoga practice. And if that isn’t enticing enough, Lemos Farms also has birthday party packages available.
Immerse Yourself in the Farm Life
While at Lemos Farms, don’t miss out on the hayride! Sit in the back of a truck filled with hay bales and enjoy a leisurely ride through the farm and surrounding area. It’s one of my favorite Lemos attractions.
With so much to do, enjoy, and explore, you and your family will create lasting memories at Lemos Farms in Half Moon Bay. Make your next visit a fun and memorable one by experiencing all the activities this historic family farm has to offer!
Address: 12320 San Mateo Rd, Half Moon Bay, CA 94019
- Lemos Farms is a family-owned farm in Half Moon Bay, which has been around since the 1940s.
- Lemos Farm has a range of attractions, including goat visits, hayride, haunted house, pretend train ride, and more.
- The farm also has two concession stands and several coin-operated attractions.
- Visitors can also experience goat yoga and parties/birthday parties.
What is Lemos Farms?
A: Lemos Farms is a family owned farm in Half Moon Bay, California which has been around since the 1940s. It offers a variety of activities such as visiting the goats, taking a hayride, a haunted house, a pretend train ride, pony rides, a barn slide, car barn and coin operated attractions.
Q: What type of food can you get at Lemos Farms?
A: Lemos Farms has two different concession stands or delis where you can get basic sandwiches, hot dogs and other kid-friendly foods.
Q: Is there an activity for yoga lovers?
A: Yes, Lemos Farms offers goat yoga where you can do yoga and a goat will actually stand on your back during some of the yoga poses.
Q: Does Lemos Farms host parties?
A: Yes, Lemos Farms can host parties and birthday parties.
I’m Thomas Smith and this is a look at Lemos Farms. This is one of my favorite Bay Area attractions, especially in the wintertime. And Lemos Farms has actually been around since the 1940s, believe it or not. It’s in Half Moon Bay. You’ll probably see it on the drive into Half Moon Bay if you’re coming from the East Bay.
And it’s a wonderful family-owned farm where you can do all kinds of activities. You can visit their goats, take a hayride, explore the haunted house, and take the pretend train ride through a Wild West town built on site. There are also other attractions and rides for kids. It’s a very wholesome, family-oriented type of place.
At the farm, you can find two different concession stands or delis. You can get basic sandwiches as well as kid-friendly snacks like hot dogs. You can also enjoy pony rides, a giant inflatable slide, a car barn with go-karts, and several coin-operated attractions.
One of my favorites is the train ride around the farm, which takes about 10 minutes. You’re pulled behind a tractor dressed up as a train and you pass through a fun Wild West diorama.
Another great thing to do is goat yoga. You do yoga and a goat will stand on your back during some of the yoga poses. It’s a really unique experience. Lemos Farms also offers party and birthday packages.
Make sure to check out the hayride, too! You ride in the back of a truck filled with hay bales through the farm and the surrounding area.
Check out Lemos Farms in Half Moon Bay.