Walnut Creek, California’s best cookie place might surprise you. There are tons of fancy cookie places in WC and nearby towns. But as a long-time resident of the Walnut Creek area, I can tell you that the best place isn’t any of these.
The best place for a cookie in Walnut Creek is Sweet Affair Bakery.
Sweet Affair is located right across from Heather Farm Park. They’re a small business that has served Walnut Creek for decades.
Address: 1815 Ygnacio Valley Rd Suite F, Walnut Creek, CA 94598
- One feature that always brings a smile to my face is how they hand-letter their signs. Even their sign informing customers about mobile ordering is handcrafted, which adds such a personal touch.
- Each mobile order at Sweet Affair receives a free cookie!
- As for the cookies themselves, they don’t try to be fancy or complicated. You’ll find your basic chocolate chip cookies, assorted sugar cookies, and other classics that children- and let’s face it, us adults too- absolutely adore.
- The ingredients are of excellent quality, which definitely makes a substantial difference in the taste. The cookies are simply delicious, and very fresh, with a delightful buttery flavor and tender crumbly texture.
- You can either buy individual cookies or, as they suggest in their promotion, place an order for a sandwich online and enjoy the treat of a free bonus cookie.
- This bakery isn’t striving to win patrons over with avant-garde creations. Instead, they stick to what they do very best- keeping the tradition of simplistic, old-school cookies alive.