Today we’re going to explore a Bay Area original, Challenge Butter. Made in Dublin, California since 1911, this local gem has maintained its classic taste using the same simple yet delicious recipe for over a century.
In this blog post, we’ll take a look at why Challenge Butter has stood the test of time and how you can use it to create a simple yet scrumptious dish at home.
What Sets Challenge Butter Apart?
What makes Challenge Butter so special is its limited and all-natural ingredients. The majority of their butters only contain two ingredients – cream and salt. This simplicity allows for a rich and strong butter flavor, setting it apart from other store-bought butter brands.
If you’re lucky enough to live or visit the Bay Area, you can find Challenge Butter in most supermarkets, distinguished by their iconic elk packaging. This local butter is perfect for cooking or baking just about anything, so let me show you how to make a classic yet delicious dish using this incredible butter.
Classic and Simple: Scrambled Eggs with Challenge Butter
Since we’re honoring the timeless taste of a butter that has been around since 1911, I thought it would be fitting to pair it with a classic and simple dish – scrambled eggs. Plus, did you know that butter is one of the best ingredients to use with scrambled eggs?
Here’s how to make buttery scrambled eggs with Challenge Butter:
1. Melt a generous amount of Challenge Butter in a non-stick pan over medium heat.
2. Once the butter is melted, crack your eggs directly into the pan. I’ll be using eggs from my backyard hens for this recipe!
3. Turn the heat down slightly and gently scramble the eggs in the pan with a spatula, mixing them with the melted butter.
4. Cook the eggs to your desired consistency, making sure that the buttery flavor is well-incorporated.
5. Serve your buttery scrambled eggs immediately for the perfect start to your day!
Why is It Still Around 111 Years Later?
The all-natural ingredients make for a truly delectable butter experience, while the fact that it’s a local product only adds to its charm. Next time you’re in need of butter for a recipe, do yourself a favor and reach for a package of Challenge Butter. You’ll be able to taste the difference of its century-old, timeless recipe immediately in dishes such as these buttery scrambled eggs.
- Challenge Butter has been made the same way since 1911.
- Most of their butters have just two ingredients: cream and salt.
- You can get Challenge Butter in any supermarket in the area.
- It has been in their packaging for quite a long while and hasn’t changed.
- Using Challenge Butter for scrambled eggs will give it a delicious, buttery flavor.
Thomas Smith: I’m Thomas Smith and this is a look at a Bay Area original. This is Challenge Butter. It’s been made the same way since 1911, right in Dublin, California. Most of their butters only have a couple of ingredients: cream and salt. When I melt it on the stove, it has a really delicious, strong butter flavor.
If I’m going to make something with a butter that’s been around since 1911, I’m going with something else pretty classic. I’m making some simple scrambled eggs because butter is the best thing to do with scrambled eggs.
I turn down the heat, crack my eggs, and put them in. The Challenge Butter gives it an awesome buttery flavor. I love the Challenge Butter. It’s a local product, all natural, and it makes these eggs next level.
You can get Challenge Butter in any supermarket in the area. Look for the elk on the front of it. It’s been in their packaging for quite a while and they haven’t changed anything about their butter.