WALNUT CREEK, CALIFORNIA – The Rossmoor Diner in Walnut Creek, California appears to have closed permanently. The sudden closure was announced in the Rossmoor News in September.
As of a visit by the Bay Area Telegraph’s Thomas Smith in mid-October, the restaurant’s fixtures appear to be removed and it appears to have closed, although no closure notice was posted on the door.
End of an Era
The closure of the Rossmoor Diner marks the end of an era for the popular Walnut Creek, California restaurant. For decades, the diner has served popular and inexpensive food to the local Rossmoor and broader WC community.
The restaurant joins several other Walnut Creek classics that closed recently, including Caspers Hot Dogs, which had also operated for decades.
On our visit, the interior looked barren and it appeared that the restaurant was no longer in operation. Several people posted on Facebook noting that the restaurant had closed.
What Comes Next?
Although we haven’t independently confirmed it yet, sources tell the Bay Area Telegraph that a new location of the Hangout restaurant is likely to replace the Rossmoor Diner.
Stay tuned here as we continue to follow the story.
- The Rossmor Diner closed permanently as of October 8th, 2023.
- The Hangout is reported to be replacing the Rossmor Diner.
- The Hangout currently has a location in Pleasant Hill.
- The Rossmor Diner was very popular in the Walnut Creek community.
- We will be keeping an eye on the news of the new restaurant coming in its place.